Here you will learn what Push Notifications are and how to use the PushAd tool for better communication with your users
What are Push Notifications?
Push notifications are instantaneously sent notices to a gathered group of subscribers, who have previously given consent. A notification is comprised of a title, text and an image. By itself it is also a link, meaning it sends the user to a previously set URL address when he or she clicks on it.
The topic of the message can be anything, it could be about a promotion in your shop, the newest blog post or news from the business world. It is up to us how and what exactly we want to communicate to our users. The magic of push notifications comes from the fact that each subscriber does not have to be present on our site in order to receive messages from us. All that’s needed is that the browser itself is open, from which the subscription was made, for it to appear in the bottom-right corner. Even if the browser is closed at the time of dispatch, the notification will be displayed as soon as it is opened again.
What are the possibilities?
When it comes to being a true newsletter successor, push notifications have got you covered on every aspect:
Users find it easier to consent to receiving notifications, they do not need to provide their email address, thanks to this the opt-in is also much higher than in traditional newsletters.
What’s more, thanks to the direct nature of notifications, it is easier to compare statistics of singular dispatches. This allows us to precisely trackthe effectiveness of our ad copies and makes it easier to improve our client communications.
As with every marketing tool, push notifications also have a set of best practices to follow if you want to improve effectiveness and refine communication with our site’s user:
While making PushAd as a tool for handling Web Push Notifications we wanted to make something more than just a way to send notifications. Most of all we cared about creating an intuitive service, so that anyone could use it. Statistics, project settings or the notification history is always available in at most two clicks. Clarity in available possibilities and ease of use. By the same token, in every functionality we always give the last word to the user. If you don’t want something to be displayed, display at a different time or for it to look different – all this is possible. This section will show you an overview of PushAd capabilities and instructions of their use. So that you won’t have any doubts and can take care of what’s most important – your users.
Choosing the banner
The last tab in project settings is the “Welcome message”, this is nothing else than the first notification which will be displayed to the user when he or she becomes a subscriber
- Press on “Deliveries manager” one the left side panel, then on the option “create delivery”
- First of all, we can decide to whom do we want to send each notification (please note that this requires an activated user tagging service)
- Depending on the language of our users, we can create more than one subtype of message, so that the notification appears in the preferred language (option “add new language”)
- We enter the title, content and URL address to which we want our message to link to, e.g. the address of our promotion’s page
- The notification’s icon will be automatically added. This will be the graphic, which we have in our general settings. It can be changed, of course, remembering the recommended dimensions of 300x300
- For Chrome users we can set up a special large image that will appear with our notification. It is very important that it’s dimensions are precisely 300x200, then it will appear correctly
- The next two options allow us to set when the notification dispatch should be stopped and when exactly should the notification be sent out. If we don’t make use of these options then the notification will be sent out immediately for the next month to all current subscribers
- The last option, again concerning Chrome users, allows us to set up to two special action buttons for our notification. Each can have a different icon and lead to a separate URL address
- A prepared notification can be previewed, which means that we can see it as it will appear to our subscribers. More than that, we can save this message as a draft, so that we can come back to it at a later time